Saturday, November 7, 2009

Asp Caterpillar also known as Puss Caterpillar

Hannah was stung by this toxic caterpillar. The fur contains venomous spines that cause extremely painful reactions in human skin upon contact.

It may look soft and cute, but DON'T touch!

Lauren's drawing of the Asp we found in the backyard.


  1. Oh, I'm so sorry she got stung! We found our first puss caterpillar a year or so ago. For some reason, I didn't touch it though he looked SO cute. Now, I always warn kids NOT to touch caterpillars - especially fuzzy ones. What a painful lesson!!!

  2. Ouch! Guess it is best to "look and not touch" in many instances. Poor kid.

    Found your blog via another blog-glad to meet ya. Welcome to hsing too-been doing it for 15-16 years now. It is well worth it!

    What's in the Box?


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.