Another home run! I have mentioned before how my son will not eat most vegetables. Thank goodness for our Blendtec and smoothies.
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 tbs of chamomile flowers - immune boosting properties
1/2 cup water
2 red gala apples (do not peel)
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 cinnamon sticks
2 frozen bananas
- Blanch cauliflower and quickly add to cold ice water. I read somewhere that this helps get any bugs out that might be hiding within the cauliflower. I then juice the cauliflower in the juicer.
- In a saucepan boil 1/2 cup water. Once it begins to boil turn off the heat and add 1/2 tbs chamomile flowers and 2 cinnamon sticks and let steep for 4 minutes then strain.
- Once it has cooled add this to your blender.
- Core your apple; I keep the peel on because a majority of the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients reside in the peel. (livestrong.com) Throw that into your blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and choose the smoothie button.
- I give a glass to my kids and pour the remaining amount into 6 rocket molds and place in the freezer.
YUM! That is it. Hope your kids enjoy!
This stark white vegetable provides allicin, an important compound that actually reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease while detoxifying the blood and liver.
Cauliflower also provides potassium. Potassium an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure, heart function, and good nerve and muscle function.
Usually when someone mentions vitamin C you think of an orange, but did you know cauliflower is packed with it too. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that promotes skin and brain health.