This is a wonderful soup for the cooler weather. It has a bit of sweetness to it and the rice helps it to be quite filling. Serves 6-8
- 1 medium to large size butternut squash
- 1-1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk (closer to 1 if you like your soup a little thicker or you could possibly add 1/2 milk, 1/2 cream)
- 2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 1 cup rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your squash lengthwise in half. Put it in a pan with skin side up and add a little water to cover bottom of pan. Place in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- While the squash is in the oven begin your rice and cook per instructions on bag.
- Remove squash from oven once tender and immediately peel off skin. Put the squash into food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds.
- Now put the squash into a large pot and add your milk, vegetable broth, agave, salt and pepper. Simmer until warm.
- Fill your bowl with soup and add a spoonful of rice and sprinkle with cinnamon. Yummy!